The Highland Council Catering Service are piloting a new way of making online payments for school meals. The new system is called iPayimpact, and will initially be piloted in Balloch Primary, Milton of Leys Primary and Culloden Academy.
This new and improved system enables:-
- Online payments to reach the pupil’s school meals account within 10 to 15 minutes
- Parents / carers to see the up to date details of their child’s school meals account, including:
- Current balance of account
- Account transaction history
- Child’s meal choices (whether or not the pupil pays for their meals)
- Payments to be made for children attending different schools in one transaction
- Details to be stored, so that there is no need to re-input details each time a payment is made
- Email alerts to be sent to parents when account balances run low.
- Recurrent payments to be made
As with the current system, complete anonymity is provided for pupils entitled to free school meals.
Look out for the Letter and FAQ sheet (which will be with you week beginning 24th October 2016) containing information and step by step instructions on how to use the new payment system.
Note you will not be able to make internet payments between the dates of 7th October and 23rd October 2016 whilst work takes place on disabling the old system and activating the new system. Reval machines at Culloden Academy can be used for topping up pupil accounts up until last day of term – (7th October) and again on first day back after October break – (24th October).
Pupils and parents should be aware that any secondary pupil who does not wish their meal choices to be visible to parents/ carers can choose to opt out by emailing the catering office at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not available to primary school pupils.
Dr J Vance